TEFL2YL EVO20 Youtube Playlist
Teaching EFL to Young Learners sessions is a hands-on session for teachers of English to Young Learners and Teens from around the world. The session will focus on activities that engage young learners. Teachers will use VoiceThread for student speaking, story reading, board games, limited resource classroom activities, Padlet for collaborative reflections, and Screencast-o-matic for video tutorials.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- discussed challenges and activities involved in teaching EFL to young learners.
- discussed methods of teaching young learners via VoiceThread, Videos, Story reading; Games; Arts & Crafts.
- created activities using VoiceThread, story reading; board games; arts & crafts.
- discussed student collaboration
- recorded their voices using PoodLL and recorder using their audio and webcam
- added their reflections and feedback of the session on Padlet
- created video tutorials using Screencast-o-matic to document their work.
TEFL2YL is designed for teachers, parents, caregivers, and everyone involved in teaching young learners and teens irrespective of context or degree of experience.
Participants will be expected to have the basic skills
necessary to facilitate communication via an online discussion
Participants will be expected to have the basic skills necessary to facilitate communication via an online discussion group.
Session Communication Tools
- Google Drive Power Points presentations
- Nellie Deutsch
- Judy Wong
- Nives Torresi
- Sheryl McCoy
- Dena McCoy