Free annual online professional development courses, MOOCs, webinars, conferences, and workshops. Donations welcome.
Please remember to respond to at least one member of the course.
You can share the information in the form of text, audio, video, poster, or any other multimedia.
Answer "Yes" or "No" to the following questions.
1. In your culture, is it okay to call your teacher or boss by his or her first name?
2. Do you feel frustrated when people do not answer your questions directly?
3. Is it important to you that many people know about your personal accomplishments?
4. Do you feel comfortable with short-term casual relationships?
5. Do you rely more on words than nonverbal means to express yourself?
6. Do you seek rational solutions to problems or personal ones?
7. Do you prefer an individual approach over group decision-making processes for learning and problem-solving?
8. Are results just as important as personal relationships in terms of achieving goals?
9. Is your identity strongly defined outside of group associations (family, work, culture)?
10. Do you feel conflict is a necessary part of human relations and should not be avoided?
If you answer "yes" to six or more questions, you are from a low-context culture.
Please respond to at least one participant of the course.
EVO21 Intercultural Competence Session's Guest Talk 1
Use this support forum for questions, to add comments, and make suggestions.