Week 5 and Managing a Moodle Site

Picture of Nellie Deutsch
Week 5 and Managing a Moodle Site
by Nellie Deutsch - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 7:32 AM

Dear Moodlers,

You're doing amazing work in your teams. We are nearing the end of week 4. I checked your collaborative courses and noticed that you still have a lot of work to do.

I have decided to make some changes in MM12 for week 5. In week 5, you will have a chance to continue working on the individual (topic) sections of your collaborative course. This should give you more time.

Participants, who complete the tasks of MM12 and get a final certificate, will be able to learn how to be managers of a Moodle site in the next Moodle MOOC. In MM13, there will be a separate MOOC for managers of a Moodle site. You will be able to practice managing a Moodle site and create your very own courses. The courses you design will be open to the public for free or for a fee. It will be up to you. 

Please share your thoughts on week 5 and my plans for MM13.

Thank you. 

Nellie

Picture of Emilia Dan
Re: Week 5 and Managing a Moodle Site
by Emilia Dan - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 8:08 AM

Dr Nellie,

Thank you!
It's a wonderful and motivating idea.

Emilia

Picture of Nezaket Ozgirin
by Nezaket Ozgirin - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 8:52 AM

Dear Nellie,

Thak you so much for your continuous support. Some of us want to know if we should continue without all team members' participation/contributions to week5. What can we do about the topics they volunteered to do?

by Nellie Deutsch - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 9:29 AM

Hi Nezaket,

What do you suggest?

Personally, I would leave their sections undone. 

by Nezaket Ozgirin - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 9:44 AM

Thank you Nellie,

I'd like to ask my teammates and take a decision afterwards but we'll consider your suggestion. Thanks!

ME AS A TEACHER
by Carmen-Mirela Butaciu - Thursday, 24 May 2018, 4:03 PM

THANK YOU, DR. NELLIE, FOR BEING SO CLOSE TO US AND ASSISTING OUR DEVELOPMENT!

BE BLESSED!

Master of Few Resources
by Sheryl McCoy - Friday, 25 May 2018, 2:38 AM

That's greatly appreciated. 

Picture of Ewa Kozlowska
by Ewa Kozlowska - Friday, 25 May 2018, 6:24 AM

A separate MOOC for managers of a Moodle site is a wonderful idea!

by Nezaket Ozgirin - Friday, 25 May 2018, 7:02 AM

Hi Nellie,

I noticed I didn't really answer your question. I'd be interested in MM13 depending on the time it is run. But it is a wonderful idea. I think it is sometimes time-consuming to prepare a course with different people who need different skills and backgrounds with different work schedules. It is very very inspiring and satisfying, but the product may not be satisfactory for all members. Having a course that allows self-pace and independent work would be great to achieve more. Thanks for the opportunity again. We certainly need more time for designing our course as a group. thanks for this too.

Picture of Mokgaola Songo
by Mokgaola Songo - Friday, 25 May 2018, 12:32 PM

Hello

I support that we work more as individual than groups as some slow down the progress of the group. I nearly gave up this week and not because of finding it hard to keep pace but due to some challenges beyond my control like slow internet.

We are learning a lot from each other but I think letting each one at his/her own pace will be more effective.

Happy Moodling

Mokgaola

Master of Few Resources
by Sheryl McCoy - Tuesday, 29 May 2018, 12:50 AM

Our group has worked together fairly well.

I hope you won't give up. In the beginning of a Moodle MOOC, keeping up can be difficult, especially when the internet isn't cooperating.

We've all struggled or are struggling. Knowing that we're each on a team together can make it easier to ask for help. It did take me quite a bit of time to figure that out. I hope you begin to understand that your feelings of concern and surrealism about the learning process are shared by most of us. It does get easier.

We're supposed to teach our students in a cooperative environment and help them learn in active, yet cooperative groups, yet teachers rarely get the opportunity to model how to work together on a real team. That's what makes the Moodle MOOC course so helpful. Learning effective teaching methods in a simulated experience is just what we need.

I've had to suspend my concerns and just go with the flow. It does work.

by Nellie Deutsch - Tuesday, 29 May 2018, 12:13 PM

Good attitude, Sheryl. I'm glad you're going with the flow. 

Picture of poonam vohra
by poonam vohra - Sunday, 27 May 2018, 2:26 AM

Hi Nellie

I feel that collaborating with people having different subject expertise  on a collaborative course would be very challenging. Not only that due to different time zones, the process may be slow.

I am also not very clear about ' working on individual sections' of the collaborative course. Please clarify.

But seperate MOOC for managers in MM13 is a wonderful idea.

Thank you so much for being a constant support to us.

by Nellie Deutsch - Sunday, 27 May 2018, 11:21 AM

You said: I am also not very clear about ' working on individual sections' of the collaborative course. Please clarify.

You need to work with your teams on this.

Picture of Judith Behrens-LaRue
by Judith Behrens-LaRue - Sunday, 27 May 2018, 3:30 AM

Hi Nellie!

Thank you for your flexibility and meeting our needs of one more week to learn more about and practice our Manager role skills.  I like your idea of providing a special Mooc for graduates of MM13!  I will do my best to be there and hope everyone here is able to take part as well.

I have been looking forward to making it to Week 5 since Week 1! I am anticipating a full week of online work and collaboration!

Thank you for supporting these Moocs all these years!

Judi

ME AS A TEACHER
by Carmen-Mirela Butaciu - Sunday, 27 May 2018, 6:19 AM

i definitely hold the same opinion and gratitude.

love you all, guys!

Picture of Stefania Maffiola
by Stefania Maffiola - Monday, 28 May 2018, 1:05 PM

Thanks Nellie,

to be able to always meet our needs! I, in particular, need more time and I greatly appreciate your availability and flexibility.

I find the idea of ​​separate MOOCs excellent and I hope to be able to participate!

Your work and your way of relating to us students are a precious lesson for me.

Stefania

Picture of Abdellah Ouali
by Abdellah Ouali - Tuesday, 29 May 2018, 2:50 PM

Dear Nellie,

Thank you very much for this opportunity and I really motivated for the next MOOC Manager of site because it's a part of my official Work.

Abdellah