Dear Members of MMVC19,
I hope you enjoyed day 2. The recordings are up on the Youtube playlist for MMVC19: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8JUcjyABKxm5uR9lWkqglcyRffHw0Apr&jct=MUQ2GP1owWqNq0v6vXpZnDZcdX1IYw (copy and paste in your browser)
Day 3 day of MMVC19 begins tomorrow August 4. Please respond to this post for questions about day 3.
The first session will start at 12 PM UTC. Please access the link to see the exact time in your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=MMVC19+&iso=20190804T08&p1=250
You can access the live sessions of day 3 from:
- Conference area: https://moodle4teachers.org/course/view.php?id=249§ion=4
- Google (copy and paste in your browser): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MO0axzDOun_OCvG87YCTwz7ZXhrCs1dSXDNBD6ATxv0/edit?usp=sharing
- Calendar for MMVC19: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=aG5xdWRydTBsaXYzZHF2OW5qZWwyY25tMzhAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
If you're experiencing connectivity issues on your desktop, try the Zoom app on your phone: ZOOM Cloud Meetings - Apps on Google Playhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings&hl=en or ZOOM Cloud Meetings on the App Store - Applehttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
See you on day 3.
My workshop on Supporting student writing with the help of voice-to-text is ready for delivery at 1400 UTC today.
I have written out what I intend to do at this Google Doc, https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GHi_E7u1yfcgsOW7DapcjLr9O9OCWKID3eQm3K9ljA/edit?usp=sharing
You can also access the slides here, though you'll find greater detail at the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DU67TWYqF2MxW0h36Js23upkTZKlw7oLsmVoi5nEUH8/edit?usp=sharing
I hope to be able to simulate in the workshop how I use voice tools to make comments in Google Docs to students. It will be easier to understand how this works if you can participate as one of my "students" in this MMVC19 course.
If planning to attend, please help by being a "good student" and following these instructions:
- Create a document in Google Docs
- Title it MMVC19 and your name
- Briefly, in just two or three sentences, introduce yourself, tell me why you are here, and what you hope to learn in this workshop
- Share your document, for editing, with email@example.com
Thank you, and hope to see you there.
Thank you if you attended my presentation. Even if you didn't you can see the complete show notes: write-up, link to the slides, read the chat logs, and at some point replay the video, from where I blogged the event as Learning2gether episode 417
Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this stimulating event,